Saturday, August 2, 2008

the reports of blogger's death have been greatly exaggerated

Many blogger sites are currently inaccessible, and mine was included in that group until a few minutes ago. If you hit a friend's site and you get the "Internet explorer is unable to open" error, please email them and let them know that this is not related to the current "blogger sites as spam" issue (that's a different can of worms that the folks at blogger are working to fix). This is related to Sitemeter. Sitemeter html needs to be removed until the issue is fixed or the site will not load.

That's all I know about html. Really.

Edited to add: OK, I know less than nothing, so don't take my word for this, but I think it has to do with Internet Explorer interacting with Sitemeter. I don't know if Microsoft is fixing this or Sitemeter or both or neither. :) And I could be wrong.

No comments: